RKH takes your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through Guide Hippo may include information you choose to provide us, including information that personally identifies you and information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under any applicable law (“personal information”); records and copies of your correspondence to us (including email addresses); your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete; your search queries on the Site; SMS or text messages you send as a part of an SMS Campaign; and information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we, and our third-party service providers and vendors, may use automatic data collection technologies to collect:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic pattern data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, and browser type.
- Geolocation information.
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages are opened or forwarded.
- Demographic information that is about you individually but does not identify you, such as age and gender.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For more information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Site, please see Your Choices About Your Information.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We use third-party service providers for web analytic services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site, to provide us with statistics and other information about visitors to the site.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with The Penny Hoarder. It is temporarily downloaded on your device from our web server or a third-party service provider with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location–identifying Technologies. We use GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
For further information on tracking technologies and your choices regarding them, please see Your Choices About Your Information.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls and encrypted at-rest, as well as encrypted in transit via SSL. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site or as part of our SMS Campaigns. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
YOUR INFORMATION AND THIRD-PARTIES
Some content or applications on the Site, including advertisements, and some SMS Campaigns, are served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or third-parties, and we do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used; by linking to such websites or using such third-parties’ services, we are not endorsing their content or practices. We encourage you to be aware when you access any such third-party links and to read the privacy policies of each website you access. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Your Information.
Social Networking Services
TMC works with third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through the Site. For example, you can use third-party social networking services to share our content with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Site. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends about your visits to our Site, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking service, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To include you in SMS Campaigns that utilize automatic telephone dialing systems, but only if you’ve opted in.
- To carry out, evaluate and improve our business (which may include sharing your information with our agents and third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as data analytics, developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; managing our communications; and administering and/or serving as the platform for our SMS Campaigns).
- To serve advertisements on our Site and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
- To process employment applications and inquiries.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your newsletter subscription(s).
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
- To contact you via email and otherwise about events, services or products that we think might be relevant or of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you can opt out via the manner specified in the correspondence. For more information, see Your Choices About Your Information.
We may disclose non-personal information about Site visitors, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Such information may include aggregate or anonymized website usage data or demographic reports.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, agents, service providers, third party data providers, second party consortiums, and other third-party service providers we do business with, or which we use to support our business, such as performing certain functions or services on our behalf, conducting analyses, or sending communications from us, including as a part of an SMS Campaign.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TMC ‘s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Site visitors is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We reserve the right, and you hereby expressly authorize us, disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any subpoena, court order, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights and property or to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you control over your information:
- Unsubscribe from Emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send sponsored or dedicated messages on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
- Opt-out from SMS messages. To stop receiving SMS messages after you’ve signed up for an SMS Campaign, just reply “STOP” to opt out and cancel the service. After you send the message “STOP” to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out in the manner specified in the correspondence.
- Internet Based Advertising (IBA). You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info. You may also opt out of receiving IBA from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service, s and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice service. . The tools provided on the DAA opt-out page and NAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, not The Penny Hoarder. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.Some of our third-party service providers require us to specifically list their opt-out links, and those links, as well as as opt-out links for other providers we may use, are listed below. When you opt-out, you may receive an “opt-out” cookie so that the network will know not to assign you new cookies in the future. You will continue to receive ads, but not behaviorally targeted ads. If you erase your browser’s cookies, you may need to perform this process again. TMC is not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
Alexa Opt-Out Link
Double Click Opt-Out Link
Facebook Opt-Out Link
Google Opt-Out Link
Google Analytics Opt-Out Link
Google Retargeting Opt-Out Link
Parsley Opt-Out Link
Piwik Opt-Out Link
Scorecardresearch Opt-Out Link
Taboola Opt-Out Link
Quantcast Opt-Out Link
Yahoo Opt-Out Link
NOTICES, DISCLOSURES, AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Your California Privacy Rights
TMC does not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, as defined by California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, unless we give you choice (opt-in or opt-out) before sharing with those third parties.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please contact us at [email protected]. You must put “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Please note that we will not accept inquiries via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to online services you visit. California Business and Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how TMC responds to “do not track” browser settings. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, TMC currently does not take action in response to these signals. For more information on “do-not-track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Penny Hoarder is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 on the Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
*SMS messaging is also commonly referred to as “text messaging” or “texting.”
Last Modified 06.21.18